Department of National Defence
Primary responsibilities of the Department of National Defence
- Funds training of officers
- Funds 4 mandatory training weekends a year
- Provides uniforms for cadets and officers, with no cost to the cadet or officer.
- Provides funding for some competitions relating to the cadet program including Band and Drill, Sail Regattas, Orienteering and Biathlon competitions.
- Funds Summer Camps, Tall Ship Cruises, Cadet & Naval Deployments on military/civilian vessels and International Exchanges for cadets across the country