Welcome to our units web page! Navigate using the headings above for more information. See below for articles about current events. See the right hand side for remind messages and upcoming events. Please return and check in often as we’re making additions regularly. Please click on any of messages below to read messages and write an email response to our webpage should you want to. Most cadet information can be found under Cadet Resources. Look under Events for what’s coming up, and what we’ve been busy doing!
Admiral Nelles Moves to Online Learning Via Teams
- The staff and senior cadets of Admiral Nelles would like to do what we can to continue to connect with our cadets and their families during this period of isolation. I’d like to thank the staff and seniors who will continue to offer instruction and programming from their homes via Microsoft Teams. All cadets are encouraged, but by no means are they obligated to join during these activities when scheduled.
- These are meant to help cadets remain connected to the program and to their ship mates. It is also a break from isolation life in your own homes and provides an outlet for discussion and personal exchanges with someone other than family members.
- Cadets are encouraged to check the schedule weekly, see our corps calendar, I will do my best to have schedule posted by Tuesday at the latest each week. We will try to maintain some consistency when it comes to running certain team practices, as well as training Thursday evenings.
- We will try to have one class for everyone each week, Thursdays with one at 7:15pm and the other at 8:15 depending on rank, you will have either of these class times.
- Practices at this time will be Band on Wednesdays at 7pm.
A big thank you to Krown Rust Control of Brantford for their recent donation to our program. During this pandemic it has not been easy for local and small businesses. It has also been significantly hard on non profit groups given their methods for collecting donations have been restricted. There contribution will help us continue to acquire materials required to run our program.